Tuesday, December 9, 2008

THE DREADED HELMETS!!

Ok for those of you who don't know my twins were diagnosed with Infantile Scoliosis when they were about four months old. We are going to Shriner's hospital in SLC for their treatment. We go back on Dec 17th to find out when they will recieve their body cast for the Scoliosis. They were also Diagnosed with plagiocephaly which is a deformation of the head and so we were refered to Shield's to get helmets to correct the problem. Also Braysen was diagnosed with Torticolis which is making the plagiocephaly worse so we needed to start the treatment as soon as possible. We got the Helmets on the 5th. When we got home we found out how hot the helmets were so we decided to cut the boys hair. This is Breven waiting for the hair cut.
Breven didn't know what to think about all of the vibration from the shaver.

This is Breven before the hair cut.


Braysen after his hair cut.




Braysen getting a hair cut.




Braysen




Braysen and Breven in the dreaded helmets.






Braysen and Breven

As you can see they don't seem to think that things are to bad right now.





Braysen thinks that he is sooo handsome with his new protection from his sister's. Now he can head bunt them so they will leave him alone.








Isn't Breven so handsome in his helmet. Bring it on Oaklee come and try to pick me up I dare you!!!!









10 comments:

Cherish said...

oh my heck, Jana, you get put through alot of challenges girl. You are one strong person! Your little boys are sooo adorable! Those helmets are cute. Luckily they can fix the problem while they look soo cute and can't be made fun of later on in life. Let us know how it works out for ya.

NATE, SARAH, AND JORDAN said...

That sucks so bad Jana. I'm sorry! Well I hope things get better with them both and they still look very handsome even with the helmets not many kids can pull that off. They are getting so big I can't believe it.

MegHaNE said...

they still look adorable even if they have to wear those helmets! i hope that everything will be ok with them? whats the prognosis?

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!! The boys look handsome as ever!! no matter what!! It sucks they have to go through all of this, hopefully it works. Are you guys going to Idaho for Christmas? I think we are going to Tropic so hopefully we will see you all there. Are the girls getting excited for Christmas?

Tyler and Mindy said...

Oh no. Once you cut their hair they are big boys, right? Their helment make them look like little football players. I like how they are all marbled and decorative.

We miss you guys!

Tina said...

Our little football players. Garrett says they look like BYU players. GO COUGARS!!!

Janice Twitchell said...

Oh Jana, I'm so sorry, but hey there's nothing sexier than a football player right? Now all you have to do is get them some football uniforms. My brother has scoliosis, and kyfosis, spinabifida which causes a whole bunch of wicked problems. I remember him going through so much stuff when we was little. It seems that the Lord blesses these kids with so much patience. It's amazing. Your little boys are studs no matter what! I love their haircuts, I could just eat them up! Love em! what's your email and I'll email you an invite to my family blog.

Krazy Keetch's said...

Nushawwwwwnnnnn

Keetch here. I got your Christmas card, and Tiff added you to her blog list of peoples to save just so you know. I hardly get on here but I will check in on ya from time to time.

Sweet helmets. They can charge and bounce off me all they want.

Nooodles and fish worms

Keetch

Colby~Megan~Hayden said...

Hey Jana!! I saw the comment you left on Crystal's blog- yes it is me- Megan Moody- now Megan Bliss. I married Braden's brother Colby a couple years ago! Your family is adorable and I am so sorry to hear about your kids! Good luck with everything.
Megan

Brian and Megan said...

I didn't know about the twins. I hope it sll goes by fast for you. I'm sure it's way hard to have them sick cause it's double. They are so cute though. They wear their helmets well!